Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Early Morning

Just got back to the hospital after some sleep at the house a quick shower and some food. Lizette helped out so much to stay with her and cannot thank her enough. 

So far nothing special going on since I was last here. More antibiotics to ward off infection and lots of rest. She has been asleep for a good long while now so that is a great sign. 

Thanks to Erik for sending some very interesting articles that inspire and give us hope. Our prayers have never been stronger and more unified as friends and family and I can't thank everyone enough. 

It is difficult to be in the labor and delivery wing of a hospital as you here babies cry out for the first time and you so desperately want to hear your own. Although it is also a blessing as you can find strength in each other. 

I passed a very teary eyed women late yesterday who I could tell instantly was crying for a sick child. I have become all too familiar with those tears of confusion frustration and desperation to do something. As I walked past I grabbed the tissue box off the lobby table handed her the box and just smiled. I don't know their situation but I know I can be there for her without words as sometimes you just need a smile. I pray for our friends down the hall that they find comfort and peace in their struggles. 


No comments: